Hello “the best soft sugar cookie recipe ever!”
December 19, 2016
By: Danielle Miller, Marketing Manager
As Christmas slowly approaches, I hope that you and yours have enjoyed preparing for the season. We all know that Christmas isn’t the same without the lights, the trees, the Christmas movies, the presents, and of course, the Christmas cookies! While I normally buy boxes of Christmas cookies from Gordon Food Service every year, which are incredible by the way, I decided to spice it up this year, and try making my own Christmas cookies from scratch!
So, again, like the millennial I am, I searched for a recipe on Pinterest. I found an amazing one called, “The Best Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever!” I thought it sounded promising.
Here’s how to make them:
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream together your butter and sugar. Beat in your eggs into the mixture.
- In a separate dish, dissolve your baking soda in your milk and then add to your creamed egg/sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla and lemon flavoring.
- Then, add your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Chill your dough for 1.5 hours or overnight.
- Roll out the dough to ⅛” thick (not too thick, not too thin). You can use wax or parchment paper to roll out the dough so you don’t need to add any more flour. Just place your dough between too pieces and roll away.
- Cut out shapes with your favorite cookie cutters and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350*
Hopefully you also find this to be the “best soft sugar cookie recipe ever!” If you are interested in learning more about this recipe, visit http://www.amomstake.com/the-best-soft-sugar-cookie-recipe-ever/!